SV: [Epic] Infiltration

From: Tommy Roju <tommy.roju_at_...>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 22:56:23 +0200

> Staffan,
>
> Thanks for the reply. The Swedish Army seems to have a lot of neat
> toys - I remember being impressed with the 'S-Tank' when I was first
> learning about the world's armies as a kid.
>
> > In the swedish army we use a tracked scouting vehicle up north in
> the
> > snow the engine is so low in the vehicle the the snow dampens the
> sound.
> > but the y are made of plastic(no armour) and have a weapon comparable
> > m60 ?
>
> Definitely sounds cool - one question: When you say the weapon is
> comparable to an M60, do you mean it has a cannon like the American M60
> Tank (105mm) or do you mean it has a light machine gun like the
> American M60 LMG (I love those unique military designations) or do you
> mean something completely different?
>
> Regards,
>
> - Erik

It can be fitted with a either a 12.7mm HMG or a 7.62mm LMG if I remember
correctly. There is also a TOW variant. It is primary a fully amphibic (sp)
transport vehicle for 10 passangers plus crew. In fact, the swedish army
didn't really have any APCs until they bought a couple of 100 used BMP-1s
and MT-LBs from Germany, some years ago.

TR