Re: School Children (was [Epic] marine chapters) (which was:Orks with LandRaiders)

From: Christian Nielsen <raveallnight_at_...>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 23:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

---Tyler Provick wrote:

> At 05:49 PM 9/7/97 -0400, you wrote:

> >>Actually around here what sets apart a Catholic school is that it
has
> >>religious education classes, which the students don't pay
attention to
> >>anyhow. In general though, from what I've seen, Catholic Schools
don't
> >>seem to be in any way stricter or having a higher standard. In
fact, I've
> >>seen more juvenile deliquents coming out of Catholic schools.
> >>

> >In My area, eastern seaboard of the US, there is a higher
percentage of
> >tenn pregnancies and abortions in Catholic schools then the public
schools

> Tyler politely refrains from making any anti-US comments.
>
> I was talking for experience in Ottawa though. I go to Pius, which
is one of
> the best in town, and is Catholic. Now, there is Confed, which is
terrible,
> and it is public. I haven't looked at percentages, I've just been
there

> Tyler

--------------------->>>>Here in Australia, Catholic schools are
looked upon as cheap private schools- say around AU$3000 per year,
whilst a "good" private school costs around AU$10000-12500 per year...
Personally, I seem to dislike almost every person I've always met from
a catholic school. Maybe I just haven't looked enough.... But I have
to say that the standards (both educational and those of the students)
appear to be higher at my school, which is Uniting (BTW, I'm a
Humanist, which I'm guessing doesn't count as a religious fanatic).

Christian