Re: [Epic] Aman Detachment

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 01:10:18 PDT

Erik wrote :

(...)

>These guys [Amandils] can go head to head with genestealers,
>provided you equip them with exarchs, and probably tear the stealers
>apart. (5 Assault, Rampage, Don't Break vs. 6 Assault, Auto-Rally)
>However, I think they are fairly priced for their abilities.

This was exactly what Christophe Patole (who created this detachment
with my help) wanted : some troops who can hold an objective whatever
situation...
I only forgot to precise that only one Aman Detachment can be used in
an Alcarinqu� army as the bulk of Amandils are on Aman to protect
it...

(...)

>These Amandils certainly come across as extremely dauntless Aspect
>Warriors. If Aman is 'the last, best hope' for the Eldar, I suppose
>it
>makes sense.

Aman is "the last and best hope" for the Alcarinqu� Craftworld. These
Eldars regret the time when they were on Anor, their loved world.
Aman must be the New Anor and each Alcarinqu� Eldar swear to protect
it, the Amandils are the most motivated of them and on top of that
are Aspect Warriors.
I would like to underline the role of the Dreadnought and other
Wreithguards of Aman detachments, their spirit comes from dead
Anorian warriors, these units are very respected and important for
Alcarinqu�...

Please note that I will add this detachment to my site before the end
of the week (I hope :).

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

                  Lord's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/