[Epic] Re: Rampagers

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 01:16:06 PDT

Erik wrote :

>As I understand the rules for Rampage:
>
>If a detachment with rampaging units loses close combat, the units
>with
>Rampage cannot retreat. This would mean that if there are any enemy
>left, all Rampage units within 15cm of _remaining enemy units_ are
>destroyed. Rampage units that were outside of 15cm at the beginning
>of
>the combat (thus not lending support) will survive, even though they
>can't retreat.
>
>We sent in a Q&A on something relating to Rampage. I think I'll go
>take a look there, too.

I don't agree with you Erik but as I did not check the Q&A I may be
wrong... This is what I understood :
Rampage units act as any normal ones when they retreat except when
they in base contact with the enemy. In this case they roll two dice
in close combat and are automatically destroyed if their detachment
is beatten. If they were not in enemy contact (ie base to base) and
if their detachment is beatten in close assault they retreat as
normal units...

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

                  Lord's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/