Re: [Epic] Thoughts on Ork Tribes

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 09:49:18 -0400

Francois,

> Well, this work is impressive. You have respected each Clan
> background very well.
> All this good work needs a... French translation! ;o)
> Could you send me the final rules when you will have tested them?

I really had better learn French one of these days to find out what
Francois is attributing to me! ;-)

Seriously, though, I'd be happy to send you the final rules and very
grateful if you'd translate them. What we are going to do is use my
campaign rules and combine them with a bit of a story wherein a single
warlord tries to unify the tribes and eventually push the imperials off
the planet. The Imperials have a small colony of one city and some
towns on one continent, but also a large army/fleet base which is
necessary for sector defense. Therefore the Orks will eventually see
the gamut of Imperial troops fighting against them. The city and the
base will be the 'major' objectives on my side and I'm coming up with
special rules regarding their capture. The ork victory points level
will affect both how likely other tribes are to join them and how
likely the Empire is to commit additional forces to eliminate the
threat - i.e. Space Marines. I envision the campaign starting small
with Bart choosing one tribe of Orks and me having an Imperial
Guard-only Planetary Defense Force. Probably around 2500 vs. 2500.
From there it will grow based on the addition of new Ork Tribes
and their success against the Imperials. I'll write this all up as a
'sample campaign' to go along with my rules and show how they can be
customized and combined with a plot for a real story-telling
experience.

The Ork Tribe rules will only really be 'done' after the campaign is
(probably a month or two), but JM is going to playtest them too, so
perhaps we can get a final version ready before then.

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius