Re: [Epic] Battle Report [LONG!]

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 15:24:48 -0500

Colen McAlister wrote:

> "J. Michael Looney" <mlooney_at_...> has carefully scribed:
>
> >Yes there is some
> >game mechanic resones to mix in FP units with SHW units, but there is no
> >reason to mix say, artillery and assult troops in the same detachent.
>
> If you were, um, heroically protecting the artillery from assault? Yes,
> I agree, it would be damn silly to do something like that.

We are fighting "Waterlitz" again.

Sigh.

The way that I do that (i.e. protect a unit from assult) is to use
another detachment to protect it by being in front or mixed up in a
little. Before I get accussed of "cheap screening units" I didn't
1) make it part of the same detachment, and
2) Nobz ain't cheap units.

Remember it IS legal to intermix detachments (Page 111 Battle Book,
Option 'C' in the drawing).

Yes, your army should be a balanced mix mission army. Detachments
should not be.