RE: [Epic] Ork SP/AA

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 12:34:20 -0500

>Sauron1 writes; The new Ork SP/AA looks to me like the quad 50cal the US
>used, mounted on a White half track in old W.W.II. As they also used it for
>ground support and point defense, especially in the Bulge, I wonder what
>the thoughts are on my Orks using it then behind an attacking infantry mob
>as fire support. Shurely they wood be as effective as a Tank/buggy, at
>least at CC range.Then again I'm trying to buy dragons for the Snakebites
>to use as Air support, and convince my Beaky opponents to accept it.
>sauron1

Ah yes, the M16 - Quad .50 's on the back of a halftrack. Some guys
called it the "meat chopper"...

I'd like to see an ability to use AA units for regular FP as an option.
Other than
SAM.s, most AA devices can do this (some better than others) like the
above
example and the German 88's in WW2 which were AA guns, until someone
got desperate and started blasting tanks with them...
You have to put flak units on overwatch/special orders anyway to use
them
as flak, don't you? Well, what if they aren't? Those guns don't depress
far
enough or what? I try to stay away from the "reality" argument with
this,
but 40K units are more like ww2 tanks than modern units and all their
"electronic bits". Heck, it appears some of them don't even have
radios...

Chris Miller