Re: [Epic] (Two) Close Combat Weapons on Titans

From: Chris White <chris_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 14:56:52 -0700

At 04:57 PM 9/10/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Richard,
>
>Good question and one we haven't touched on yet. Based strictly on
>reading the rules book and the armies book pertaining to close combat
>weapons, I would allow a player to field two. I would also consider a
>single doubling of the close combat factor to be the maximum, so it
>wouldn't really be useful except against Tyranids or in the case of
>battle damage.

        <snip>

        I don't actually own any titans myself (except an LoB, which I consider
too slow for CC), but wouldn't it be more fair to give an extra, I don't
know, +50% or something? I mean, unless you are going up against 'Nids all
the time it's a pretty useless thing to have, even with the short range FP
that comes with a CC weapon. This would lead to "I'm fighting 'Nids, better
change my load out." which is either cool or uncool, fluff wise, depending
on your outlook of available supplies, etc. (See, told you I was the master
of the run-on sentence.)

Nickles
--------
A Man with Too Much Time On His Hands