Re: [Epic] lord of battles

From: Cameron Bentsen <stu7i95_at_...>
Date: 03 Feb 1997 16:46 EST

> In any case, I think this is balanced from a game/point view. A LoB is
> clearly weaker than a 500 pt Reaver titan, even with cards. It has less
> firepower and no shields. The whole "If I'm ahead on VP's I get yadda,
> yadda, yadda" thing barely makes up for the fact that it's saves are
> alightly below that of a Reaver. Havng played this way, I also think the
> movement restrictions are greater than would be evident at first glance.

Baloney. I've destroyed several Reavers with LoBs. The whole point is it's
a lot easier to take down 4 void shields where all you have to do is hit than
it is to penetrate 1+ armour 4 times (or more). Of course, certain weapons
are better against the LoB than against the Reaver (Plasma Annihilator,
anything psychic, etc.) but against most forces, the LoB is by far superior
defensively. As for offense, it depends on what you take for weapons -- we
don't play WYSIWYG, so I usually mount twin Deathstorms on my LoB (I usually
only bring one, so I figure it's not cheesy.)