Re: [Epic] Close Combat Weapons on Titans

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 18:30:33 -0500

> I think you can pick 2 out of the number listed, but not two of the same.
> But then, it says nothing for or against it in the rules
>
> Tyler

I see no reason to believe that you can't choose two of the same weapon.
As for the Close Combat weapon, well, it does seem that Jervis, at least,
only intended for you to be able to equip your titan with one of them.

If you look at the rules for CC weapons closely enough, however, you will
note that multiple CC weapons cause no problems. The rules state
that any titan armed with a CC weapon has an advantage over an WE
without one, and thus gets to double its assault factor. Note that
a titan armed with two CC weapons is still a titan armed "with a
CC weapon", and I feel should still only get double its assault
factor. (There are all sorts of Highlander CCG parallels I could
draw here, but you probably don't want to hear them.....)

As some one else pointed out, this would be a wastefull armament
against anyone but the Tyranids. Still, GW fluff supports the idea
that Titans are armed with their opponent and mission in mind.

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html
If you have questions about EPIC 40K and can't find the answers
in the rule books, send them to:
                    allen_at_...
They will be passed on to Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers.