[Epic] Close Combat Weapons on Titans

From: Richard Bright <r.bright_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 07:36:49 +1200

I am relatively new to E40K and have a query concerning the number of close
combat weapons you can arm a titan with. I have been lurking for a couple
of months and have not seen anything on this topic but if the debate has
already been done I apologise in advance.

The "Armies" book says you can pick two arm weapons, which obviously
includes close combat weapons (page 28), but in the "Battles" book it says
that veteran gamers whose titans are armed with two close combat weapons
will have to do "a little bit of surgery" (page 110).

On the face of it JJ and AC seem to be implying a titan may only take one
cc weapon.

But.

The opportunity to take two cc weapons may be useful when fighting a ripper
tentacle-armed bio titan. It grabs ONE cc weapon, but the second still
allows you to double your AF.

What is the consensus on this?

If it is reasonable to have a titan armed with two cc weapons how do people
score the AF? I would suggest that the AF remains doubled rather than
trebled (AF+AF+AF), or doubled again. A Warlord with an AF of 60 seems
plenty scary enough to me!

TIA
Richard

"The important lesson is that you can get what
you want and still not be very happy"
                        Pope Cerebus

Get inside the mind of Richard Bright at:
http://www.geocities.com/timessquare/alley/2405