RE: [Epic] The Imperial Fists

From: Oki Purwanto <oki_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 08:54:57 +0800

At 07:47 PM 9/11/97 -0400, Tyler Provick wrote:

>>During the Heresy there were only the 20 original chapters, called
>>legions due to theri size. They were divided after the ascension of
>>the Emperor to the Golden Throne.
>>

>Don't forget that #2 and 11(IIRC) legions were erased from Imperial
>databases. My chapter is Obsidian Guard, and I have set it up to be the 2nd
>Legion, which because it deserted the Emperor (If it was really bad, you
>want people to know it, so you wouldn't erase it. If it ran away, then it
>sucked, and you don't want people to think of Space Marines as cowards who
>really sucked) was erased. It didn't actually go AWOL, it got cut off by a
>warp storm, turned around and was lost. It was then chased around by Chaos
>for awhile until it settled a long way from the Imperium. Now its colonies
>are starting to appear around the Segmentum Pacifica region. It is explained
>in detail at the Gene-seed webpage

There are some funny explanations on how the 2nd and the 11th (?) legions
got wiped out.

But seriously I think the reasons the two legions got delisted was becaused
these legions got wiped out, as opposed to doing something dastardly or
cowardly. IIRC there was a mention of a chapter (not legion) who was
delisted because the whole chapter got lost in the Warp for many hundred
years. So you might be right there :)

In another case, there was another chapter who got wiped out and delisted
until some other SM recovered the Chapter's banner, upon which permission
was given to restart the chapter again. But this is from some fluff, from at
least 8 plus years ago, it is so long ago.

Regards
Oki