Re: [Epic] new Epic bases

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 09:15:36 -0400

At 10:38 AM 9/13/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi all, greetings from Italy !!
>
>I ordered my new E40k box and I'm starting conversion from SM to
>E40k... but I don't have the new base's dimensions for orks and
>marines, can you help me ??
>
>Ciao,
>
>Luca Fazio

They don't sell them in blisters yet?

I say, if you have square bases, use square bases. I would never complain,
because the square bases are supposed to have their faults.

You can't hide as many squares behind cover, but you hide behind thinner
cover because the front is smaller

It is easier to cover a square base with a template, it is harder to get
enough of the bases around it

They have flags, which I think are cool

They have less front, and therefore make it harder for an opponent to put
two units in CC

Since they have the same amount of minis on them, who cares.

The only real advantage of rectangle bases is they are widely accepted, and
they come with a ruined wall section attached

Tyler
Of course, if you can easily get your hands on some of the rectangles, and
have some minis that arn't on a square base, you can do that too.