Re: [Epic] [E40K] Medics

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 21:48:00 -0500

Chris Pinson wrote:

> Does anyone have any good ideas and points for a Medic (Painboy, etc)
> special ability?
>
> I quite like the one suggested where a single unit in the detachment gets a
> save for a single hit.

Sounds good to me. Cost say 10 points, and is part of the command element,
like Psykers are for most units. Fluff would state that Space Marines, IG
infantry, Squats & Orks get this option. I will grant that the IG & Squat
fluff is old fluff (Warhammer 40,000 Compendium, page 28).

> On a slightly different topic ...
>
> Does anyone find it strange that every Space Marine detachment can have a
> Psyker (I think) except for the supreme commander? Surely this is the
> detachment most likely to have psykers.

Ah, It is an option for Inquisitor Lord, which is a Space Marine Unit. What
ever.