RE: [Epic] new Epic bases

From: Carl Woodrow <carl.woodrow_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 12:55:36 +0100

I agree with your observations over the pro's and con's of both bases and m=
ulled over this for some time myself...in the end I opted to use both style=
s so as to save on wasting all those square ones that I had accumulated ove=
r the years. What I do now is base all of the basic troop types on square o=
nes (Marines, Boyz, Guardians and Termagants) and the other troop types on =
the long bases (Command, Scouts, Aspects, Assault etc...). This works reall=
y well for the Tyranids where the Termagants and Hormagaunts look much more=
 'swarm' like in dense packed clumps. This way you can use all of the new b=
ases that you save from the new box sets to base your older minis.

For ex=
ample I recently got hold of 8 Tyranid Swarm box sets, which when basing th=
e Terms and Horms left me with 48 spare bases to put some of my older minis=
 on.

The square bases also work well for mounting individual figs on such =
as Dreadnoughts, Support weps, Vyper jetbikes or Carnifexes etc...

Just a =
thought :)

Carl
Gryphonne IV Gene-seed