The Grey Knights (was Re: [Epic] The Imperial Fists)

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 10:20:10 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 14-Sep-97 Re: [Epic] The Imperial Fists by E.
Earnshaw-Whyte_at_planet
> I thought that the Grey Knights were the only creation of the second
> founding, and the splitting up of the Space Marine Legions was third
> founding. Perhaps my fluff has been rewritten...

Nope, I don't think it has; you're pretty close, actually. From _Realms
of Chaos, Slaves to Darkness_, page 247:

"The Grey Knights were a single chapter created during an unregistered
Founding shortly after the (official) Third Founding. Although
technically Marines of the Adeptus Astartes, the Grey Knights are, to
all intents and purposes, part of the Inquisition. They are listed as a
Third Founding unit and, by the Emperor's instruction, were designated
Chapter number 666."

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...