RE: [Epic] Diminishing background and STC discoveries (was Re:Medics)

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 15:47:06 -0500

>> Really, with 400th century meditech, I wouldn't be surprised if he could
>> clone you on the spot from the scent molecules of your aftershave...
>>
>Once again someone falls prey to the diminishing amount of background
>material available to us.

----> OK, I was trying to resist the temp. to jump in on this , but I
can't anymore:
The original issue was whether a medic could "save" a whole stand or
not.
Possible Relevant Stuff::
1) He could in SM/TL
2)How many members of a stand have to go down for it to be considered
"killed"?
3)How do you know a stand represents only 1 medic ?

I think if someone wants to add a medic rule, similar to SM/TL, it
should be with
a minimum amount of fuss for new rules, so I think the "save" ablity is
the way to
start. Make it a "save" applicable once per turn to any infantry unit
within (10?15?20?) cm
of the medic unit, including the medic himself. Notice this isn't "at
the end of the
turn ", so one has to decide as the turn goes by, who's worth saving at
the risk
of missing a later opportunity. Don't think it's unbalanced, depending
on the PV
of course, and I'd say Marines & Orks get it for sure, with maybe IG and
Eldar
(though they don't have 'em in the current edition of WH40K) and Squats
if
you use 'em...

Chris Miller

And if someone insists on bringing in a techmarine/mekboyz/squat
engineers/
techpriests for IG then I'd use a similar rule but vehicles only and NO
WAR ENGINES!

Oh, and you'd have to figure out cavalry/bikes, or at least make sure
everyone was clear on
it .