Re: [Epic] Warlock Titan weapons

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 07:02:25 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 4-Feb-97 [Epic] Warlock Titan weapons by Philip
Charlton_at_...
> Well, I just got my Warlock Titan in the post today, so here's a question
> for other Eldar players. I got a pulsar, psi-cannon and a power fist, so what
> do you find is the best weapon fit? I plan on using the Titan as either a
> phantom or a warlock, depending on how I feel at the time. Psi-cannon sounds
> cool but it's only 50cm, and I know everyone likes pulsars (um, except for
> non-eldar players :)

    For the longest time, I considered the Heat Lance, Power Fist, and
Tremor Cannon to be completely useless weapons. Ever since they made an
official house rule concerning double-Tremor Cannon titans, I've changed
my mind (Auto-hit at -3 is a very nice thing to have, but absolutely no
mention of overlapping Tremor-Cannon shots is made in Renegades), but I
still feel that the three weapons aren't very good with the above
exception.

    The Heat Lance just isn't as good as a pulsar unless you're close
than 25 cm. The only way that's going to happen is if I give up a turn
of shooting (1/3 of my firepower) by charging on the first turn, and
then advance on the second turn. If I move forward 50cm, I'm going to
be in range of so many weapons I'm going to get crushed. Eldar
firepower just isn't as good as anyone else's... You're going to lose
to almost any shooty army by being shooty or standing next to them. The
power fist isn't bad, but the CC ability is useless, and the shots just
aren't that great. If it was an Imperial Chainfist with 4 guns, I'd
take it. An additional +1d6 in CC would make my Titans a little bit
more survivable.

Mark