Re: [Epic] cheese

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 06:51:46 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 3-Feb-97 Re: [Epic] cheese by Chad Taylor_at_...
> But I will, IMHO you have created a problem with a 'reasonable' houserule.
> By giving the Thawk a set hight you have effectively increased the
> usefulness of the thawk. The thawk is somewhat balanced by being 'at
> risk' from all enemy fire because everything can draw LOS to it. I use
> thawks and I have often wished that there was some way to hide them in
> flight.

    The Chaos player only ever used them as faster, flying Rhinos. In a
situation like this, there's no way to stop one anyways. I've never
seen one shot down before it disgorges troops. I admit, as an Eldar
player, I'm the only one with a chance, as even if an empty T-hawk
engages my snap-fire in CC, I can still shoot. Everyone else can be
stopped using the empty T-hawk trick.
    Besides, if you land the T-hawk each turn, it can't be shot at without LOS.

Mark