Re: [Epic]Orky Flavoured E40K [Long]

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 09:55:24 -0400

Alan,

Another fantastic post!

I'll try to make a few intelligent comments... :-) I apologize if I've
missed the answers to some of these - been a bit frazzled lately.

> Medic - Cost 10 - add +1 to Die Roll for BM Removal

What Imperial detachments can buy this option? Just Space Marines, or
IG as well. This must be designated as a model on a stand, right - so
if the stand goes, so does the ability...

> Repair - Cost 10 - give any one non-War-Engine unit in the
> detachment a save
> Chaplain - Cost 10 - add +1 to Die Roll for Leadership Test

So I could make a Space Marine Captain stand that cost 80 points, gave
me a d6 to roll for blast markers, a +1 for leadership tests and a save
on my command land raider. Hehehe. All in all it seems flavourful and
balanced given that I just have to fail one save to lose those 80 points
and neat abilities. Might foster spreading the chaplain, techmarine,
etc. around the detachment to prevent a one shot loss of the entire
command staff. With Bart's permission, we'll playtest this tomorrow.

> ForceField - Cost 50 - add a BM to any enemy detachment when any of >

Perhaps you could explain - how does a forcefield add a BM to an enemy
unit? I would think that it might add an additional +1 or +2 to blast
marker removal, or give a single unit an extra save per turn. Perhaps
I'm thinking of the wrong kind of force field.

> Goffic Rockers as Boyz + Chaplain

Are you serious? A mobile Ork rock band that boosts morale? This
sounds fun.

> MadBoyz 10 D3-1 30 D3 4+ Save

I like the representation here, given what I've heard of madboyz. 0-2
FP, 1-3 assault.

> OrkGenestealers 10 1 30 4 4+

Uh... what? Okay, maybe that wasn't an intelligent comment. Why do Ork
GeneStealers, whatever they exactly are, belong in the Ork army list?

> Shokk AttackGun 10 1 90 0 4+

This would have to be playtested, it might be better to make it 60cm.
In the context of Volcano Cannons being only 60cm and all - only the
Ordinatus and Deathstrikes get this kind of range.

> Possessed Wdboy 10 1 30 4 4+ Save,Psyker

As in 'possessed by warp creature', 'possessed by Gork', what?

> Shootas 25 2 45 1 5+
> (Includes Goff Lungburstas and Evil Suns SpleenRippers)
> Transportas 25 0 NA 1 5+ Transport(3)
> (Includes the old wheeled battlewagon, without turret a la original
> WH40K one)
> Battlewagon 25 1 45 2 5+ Transport(1)
> (Includes the new battlewagons with claws/pincers/blades on and Goff
> Gutrippa)
> Rollas 25 1 45 3 5+
> (Includes old Bonecrushas, Bonebreakas, and the new Battlewagons with
> DethRollas )
> Karriers 25 1 30 1 5+ Transport(2)
> (The old metal or plastic wheeled Battlewagons, unmodified)

This seems like a reasonable differentiation. Don't see any reason why
it wouldn't work. I don't follow the Transport(3) choice though. First
off, why change the 'hitching a lift' rule? Second, 2 would seem
reasonable based on the size of battlewagons. 3 seems a bit much,
particularly given that only one stand can hitch a lift. OTOH, I
haven't seen the model you mention.

> Cyber Wyverns -as Fighta-Bommas

I would think perhaps a bit lower on the intercept and a bit higher on
the gunnery - 2/3? They can't be faster than a jet fighter...

> Speed Armour HoloField Damage Assault Specials
> 25 5 2+ Save 6 12

Holo-Field? Sheesh, what else do ya want? ;-) How did this work in 2nd
Ed? Would the Orks really have a holo-field as good as the eldar one?
If so, why don't they use it elsewhere?

Running out of time, more later...

Regards,

- Erik