RE: [Epic] Variation on Stompers & Tanks

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 10:55:24 -0700

>Sauron Moridor wrote:
>> What do you think of the Stomper variants?
>
>Oh, I like 'em. I agree the Stompas can use some variation.
>I like the way they look a lot, and as I mentioned before,
>I'll probably make a Mekboy Gargant into a Stompa-in-Chief.
>I'm planning on selling some sprues of Orks and Space Marines
>and terrain when I get another box (probably cheaper than what
>I see 'em for on Bartertown), but I'm considering keeping the
>Ork tank custom pieces for this kind of conversion.
>
>I sure don't need the main bonebreaka, roller, and normal
>gun parts! I regret buying that box of Bonebreakas before
>getting Titan Legions ... (But I'll convert some more
>old Land Raiders into BattleFortresses. I use the gun
>turret, roller, and engine/exhaust parts.)
>
>andy

-----> I thought there were some good ideas there too. My megas have
all kinds of Madboyz and grunts hanging on them, coming out of the
hatches,
behind the main batteries, etc. I haven't mucked up my stompas too much
yet, but they definitely need it. I only had one set actually done
before
for my snakebites, and I had one of the old metal stomps & 2 of the
SM/TL plastic stomps, so they looked a little different anyway. I would
recommend to any ork player - get nuts! Gotta figure no two ork vehicles
are going to look exactly alike anyway, so stick some bits on, cut some
off (those awesome grabber arms on the tank sprue - great!) and just
mix those guys up. Using similar (clan) colors will let you keep track
of which ones go together, so make the actual parts a little different.
Not too excited by Getchen? Slice off that base and stick 'em on
something!
Same with boyz! Same with the Warlords!
        Of course, having a near-infinite quantity of old space marine sprues,
I have a bike unit with a biker librarian, a pair of biker captains(OK
one's actually
 for two units) , and every other bike stand has a sergeant.Bit of
delicate work with
the knife, but it looks cool. So really any race can benefit from a
little tweaking.
Now if I could just figure out something to do with all those old Robot
mini's...

Chris Miller