Re: [Epic] Any Interest

From: William Rood <wrood_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 14:42:39 -0400

Chris White wrote:

> Sounds intriguing. I'm not sure I would have the patience for the days or
> weeks necessary to play this way, though.

Yeah. However, I think it may be cool to try, just so that I can play some games
with people halfway around the globe.

> How would you roll dice? I'm a fairly trusting person, but it would be
> hard to buy a roll that was, say, 80% "6"s. I've seen it in real life often
> enough, but some guy on e-mail saying "Wow. 8 out of 10..." would give me a
> twinge of suspicion...

Actually, I would program all of the logic into the interface. I envision clicking
on the unit icon, selecting shoot, have a rubber band line streach out to your
target, confirm shot, and then resolve the shooting (assault, etc., etc.). However,
there is nothing to prevent a person from running through his or her turn multiple
times until a favored result occurs. So yes, there would be a lot of trust.

Mainly, it would be for fun.