Re: [Epic] Any Interest

From: Chris White <chris_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 08:15:12 -0700

At 09:20 AM 9/26/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Is there any list interest in a small program that
>would allow people to play epic via turn based
>email? My thoughts would be something like a map
>program that would allow you to move your units
>visually, conduct your phases, and then bundle the
>turn into a email packet for later sending. On
>the other side, you would see the results
>graphically, and then conduct your move, etc.

        <snip>

        Sounds intriguing. I'm not sure I would have the patience for the days or
weeks necessary to play this way, though.

        How would you roll dice? I'm a fairly trusting person, but it would be
hard to buy a roll that was, say, 80% "6"s. I've seen it in real life often
enough, but some guy on e-mail saying "Wow. 8 out of 10..." would give me a
twinge of suspicion...

Nickles

        <snip>