Re: [Epic] cheese

From: Chad Taylor <ct454792_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 14:16:15 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 4 Feb 1997, Mark A Shieh wrote:

> The Chaos player only ever used them as faster, flying Rhinos.

The best use for them IMHO. I believe that the thawk is over used because
of this. Often I have seen thawks fielded when they weren't needed, a
detachment of Rhino's would have worked just fine. Rhino's are harder to
destroy (there are three of them) and thus can more safely deploy there
troops. Of course this is only true for closer objectives.

>In a
> situation like this, there's no way to stop one anyways. I've never
> seen one shot down before it disgorges troops.

Never? Wow, got to figure out a way to get better use out of your
snap-fire. After snap-fire was introduced I've come to use my Thawks a
bit less often.

> I admit, as an Eldar
> player, I'm the only one with a chance, as even if an empty T-hawk
> engages my snap-fire in CC, I can still shoot. Everyone else can be
> stopped using the empty T-hawk trick.
> Besides, if you land the T-hawk each turn, it can't be shot at without LOS.
>
> Mark

I don't think you can take off and land in the same turn.

Chad Taylor