Re: [Epic] My Epic weekend

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 10:08:36 -0400

Chris Pinson wrote:

> To put it all in focus I will describe my army ...
>
> Detcahment 1:
> 1 Librarian in Rhino
> 4 Tactical Squads in Rhino
> 4 Terminator Squads in Land Raiders
> 4 Scout Squads
>
> Detachment 2:
> 6 Land Raiders
> 5 Attack Bikes
>
> Detachment 3:
> 3 Banblades
>
> 1 Reaver Titan
>
> The problem I had with ground troops was about 60cm of open space. He would
> not move toward me. This meant to get within range of him I bassically had
> to assault accross the open space. Because my main detachment was so big it
> was struggling under the wieght of upto 10 blast markers !!!!!!!!

        Maybe the problem is that you need more terrain
on the board.

        Was there no other approach aside from the
direct assault across the open field? If he's just
sitting in one spot, I'd say maneuver around his flank
(hopefully behind cover). It's not like he had
anything to deal with such a tactic (no real mobility,
no arty, no airpower).

        Of course, your army above isn't exactly
that mobile, either.

Scott
shupes_at_...