Re: [Epic] Warlock Titan weapons

From: Philip Charlton <philipc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 12:07:41 +1100 (EST)

> > Good point. It mentions that psi-cannons ignore armour and shields, but it's
> > not clear!
>
> What part isn't clear? If it specifically stats "ignores shields",
> doesn't it then ignore shields? Not only does it ignore shields, it
> "makes a mockery of even the heaviest armour and shields as it passes
> straight through".

Yes, it does say exactly that, but remember that in GW rules, weapons are
described by a paragraph of "fluff", followed by the actual rules. That
sentence appears in the "fluff" paragraph. Later, in the "rules" part they
emphasize that no armour save is allowed, and point out that psykic saves
are allowed, but makes no mention of what the effect of void shields is.
As you pointed out, the psi-lance "makes a mockery of even the heaviest
armour", however we know that GW
would describe any weapon like this if they thought we'd swallow it! (Check
ou the description of the boltgun in 40k - what a cack!).

It just occurred to me, though, that it might be mentioned in th TL rules
under void shields and psykic attacks, anyone know?

Philip