Re: [Epic] Things on tap, feedback wanted and some random rants

From: Chris White <chris_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 10:19:48 -0700

At 11:46 AM 9/29/97 -0400, you wrote:
>J. Michael Looney wrote:
>>
>> Lets do this backwards:
>> The victory point system, and why I think it sucks rocks.
>>
>> BTW, I have problems with ALL games that use victory points.
>
> Of course, E40k uses VPs also. I guess the
>important difference though is that E40k VPs (ie morale)
>take into account how much of a pounding your army has
>suffered (to a certain extent, anyway, since how much
>morale you lose each turn thanks to BMs is governed by
>how well you roll that D6).

        <snip the bulk of the post>

        Morale is a sort of anti-victory point. By that I mean that you are aiming
to reduce what the enemy starts out with while guarding your own. To my way
of thinking this is more flexible than a VP system, because you don't
really need to use any kind of objective at all, other than just wading
into the enemy. Or, you can make as complicated a morale modifying system
as you want, depending on the scenario.

Nickles