Re: [Epic] Titans

From: Woofer <ss52dlh_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 12:47:06 +1000

Aaron Green wrote :

> I am thinking about buying a warlord titan, but am wondering if they a
> worth the massive points cost. Can anyone help me out here??

Yep. Anything that can transport that much firepower (not with a
capital F) around can't be too bad. For my money, go for, if you can
find them, a couple of Warhounds and a Reaver instead of the Warlord.

 In game terms, you won't suffer as much if one goes up in a cloud of
vapor, and you tend to get more bang for your buck. 24 FP combined
for the Warhounds and 8 plus two SH's on the Reaver for 790 pts,
y'can't argue with that. The only thing to remember is a) never
leave titans unsupported, and b) there's no backing off when you're
committed.

Besides, I prefer the look of the old miniatures to the new Warlord.
It reminds me too much of a Battlemech TM Pty Ltd (no offence to Fasa
intended).

Woofer
"You'll be in a barrel if you don't watch out for those fighters"

Pick the movie.