Re: [Epic] 'Nids 'Nids 'Nids

From: Chris White <chris_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 12:16:19 -0700

At 03:22 PM 9/30/97 +1000, you wrote:
>I got a friend here (yes, I do have one) who is playing Tyranids and
>wants to know if anyone else out there does ? What sort of tactics
>people use, detachments, etc, etc.
>
>Equally, anyone got any ideas about defeating them ? My best has
>been to pour on the arty and give 'em so many BM's as to make the
>detachment ineffective in FF and CA. Tends to kill a few off as
>well, which is handy. His aircraft have proved a problem, and the
>fact that the buggers are real hard to break (ie : b----y near
>impossible) has lead to a few tears. Suggestions, anybody ?

        <snip>

        If you are playing Space Marines, I would suggest LOTS of Whirlwinds with
some kind of infantry support that can keep pace and absorb damage.
Razorbacks might fulfill this role beautifully as they have armor, okay fp,
and carry a unit of infantry. Overwatch as long as you can, then mount up
and move. You have to time it right, though, 'cause 'Nids are fast.

        <snip>

>Woofer
>
>PS : Anyone found playing 'nids will be considered a smirch on
>humanity and their planet virus-bombed.
>
>Have a nice day !

Nickles