Re: [Epic] Anyone out there?

From: Jason Stephensen <J.Stephensen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 15:42:09 +1000 (EST)

>I was active on this list about a year ago (round when the Q&A was first
>becoming organized) and have faded away due to a lack of interest in the
>game.
>
>Well this whole revamping thing has got me interested, especially the
>rumors that I've heard about the changes. And I was wondering what the
>current skinny is on the new Epic40k since this list doesn't seem to have
>archives. Anyone care to get me caught up?

OK, all your old minnies are apparently going to be still compatible.
Although the pictures show differing infantry and bikes/cavalry/walkers
stands? It is due out on March 30 last I heard. The cards are gone and you
now create elements yourself ala 40K. ie you could have a couple of
landraiders, some tac marines, some devestaters and a chaplian. Also there
will apparently be wargear cards of a sort for characters. The cost will be
50 pounds, whatever that converts to in everyone's money is yet to be seen.
Some rule changes include flyers doing flybys, and everyone having command
controls of a sort. So far squats and knight armies haven't been added to
the army lists. Oh and a heap of "new" minnies are set to be released as
well. Rather they are minnies that they designed a while ago and kept for
the rules changes.

>Oh, and I'd be glad to add my rumors about Epic40k if asked nicely :).

Oh, yes please. I love hearing other rumours.

>Paul R. Tobia _O_
>"What good is science if no one |
>gets hurt?" - Chrome Dome
>
>http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~heresy