Re: [Epic] Warlock Titan weapons

From: Dan Lobb <danlobb_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 1997 11:40:30 -0800

Karadek wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Feb 1997, Dan Lobb wrote:
>
> > Philip Charlton wrote:
> > >
> > > Well, I just got my Warlock Titan in the post today, so here's a question
> > > for other Eldar players. I got a pulsar, psi-cannon and a power fist, so what
> > > do you find is the best weapon fit? I plan on using the Titan as either a
> > > phantom or a warlock, depending on how I feel at the time. Psi-cannon sounds
> > > cool but it's only 50cm, and I know everyone likes pulsars (um, except for
> > > non-eldar players :)
> > >
> > > Philip
> >
> > I find the best weapon loadout for my purposes is two pulsars and two
> > lascannon wing weapons, or pulsar/psycannon with lascannon wing weapons.
> >
> As an Eldar player I would tend to agree. However, I find this way too
> cheesy for words. It makes your Titan far too good at killing _anything_
> on the board, especially since range is not a problem at all. Never have
> I had an opponent not call me down for the 2 pulsar 2 lascannon wing
> configuration.

That's interesting. I have never played against anyone that questioned a
valid weapon loadout. The general feeling among our players is that
titans are expensive exactly because they have these very powerful
weapons. You pay for the best, it would be silly to take less.

Most of our arguments are about the amibuities in the rules. The Tyranid
rules have a lot of amibiguity. We seldom ever question the choice of
weapons for titans.

By the way, eldar titans are not often in our OOB anymore. We have
become far to proficient at elimnating them in the first or second turn.
The popup vehicles make up the majority of our points.

danlobb_at_...