Re: [Epic] Eldar Army

From: Neil R. Thomason <n.thomason_at_...>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 14:33:32 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

Cyril Crocker said:

>This is my Eldar army. Any suggestions?

>Det.s 2&3
>1 Farseer
>2 Striking Scorpions
>2 Fire Dragons
>2 Swooping Hawks
>2 Dire Avengers
>1 Howling Banshee
>1 Dark Reaper
>I haven't decided exactly which units I want to put Exarchs in yet.

For an extra one point, it's worth putting an Exarch in each Scorpion and
Banshee Squad.

In WD214, there's a good house rule for treating Hawk Aspect Warriors as
fliers. I therefore have a detachment consisting of 7 Hawk units, an Exarch
in 3 of them. The rule doesn't apply to mixed detachments, so I ONLY use
Hawks in their own seperate detachment.

I have lots of Wave Serpents, since they're cheap(ish), have good saves, and
have a better attack than a Falcon up close. (Is that standard, or just
under the house rules I use? I forget.) I definitely wouldn't use this
large detachment of Aspect Warriors with no transport!

>Det. 5
>1 Farseer
>10 Guardians(in Falcons)
>2 Night Spinners
>9 Support Platforms

I have a detachment like this, but with Fire Prisms instead of a few of the
Support Platforms. I also use Aspect Warriors instead of Guardians, and
don't bother with transport. The detachment then sits well back, on
Overwatch, for most of the battle. If assaulted, the Aspect Warriors are a
better infantry screen than Guardians.

Engines Of Vaul are pretty useful, too. I tend to use plenty of Titans
(well, you will have seen at least 3 of my Phantoms in White Dwarf, so it's
obvious I like them!), so the super-heavies get overlooked - until they fire
on an unshielded Titan...

Cheers,

NRT

Safety Experts Say School Bus Passengers Should Be Belted