Re: [Epic] LR, Tarot deck and special rules

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 1997 00:15:31 PDT

You wrote :

(...)

>> Perhaps if GW would occasionally throw a bone towards *any* other
army this
>> wouldn't have been so bad.
>
>??? Land Raiders, Special abilities for chapters, the Tarot deck...
>These aren't aids for those Marine players who can't think? Gavin
>just doesn't like writing about Orks, I guess. Chaos doesn't even
>have models...

I'm sorry but I can't be agree with you about Land Raiders and the
Tarot deck.
Land Raiders are not so powerful as you can easily destroy them in
Assault, Firefight or by some antitank shots.
I've played with the Tarot deck vs Eldars and I did not think that
tha game was unbalanced, bien au contraire! My opponent did not ask
me to stop using it and he did not think that it was unfair. Certes,
there are special cards against specific races but you're not sure to
get the card against your opponent. On top of that there are some
cards from the classic deck which have disappeared in the Tarot...
I think this deck is well balanced.
Now for the special chapters it's right that it's unfair to make
special rules for Space Marines and nothing for the Orks or the
Tyranids but you can use Erik Rutins Ork rules (Erik, I keep working
on the translation but it's long and I don't have a lot of time for
the moment so don't worry all will be done soon) and you can imagine
some special competences for your army (see the Amandil Detachment by
my Eldar opponent or my Iron Wolves rules on my page).

(...)

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

                  Lord's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Last Update : 10/01/97

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/