Re: [Epic] Eldar Army

From: Eugene Earnshaw-Whyte <eug_at_...>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 1997 01:12:42 -0700

Cyril Crocker wrote:

> This is my Eldar army. Any suggestions?
>
> Det. 1
> 1 Farseer on Vyper
> 10 Jetbike units
> 5 Vypers
>
> Det.s 2&3
> 1 Farseer
> 2 Striking Scorpions
> 2 Fire Dragons
> 2 Swooping Hawks
> 2 Dire Avengers
> 1 Howling Banshee
> 1 Dark Reaper
> I haven't decided exactly which units I want to put Exarchs in yet.
>
> Det. 4
> 1 Farseer
> 10 Guardians(in Falcons)
> 4 Fire Prisms
> 3 Support Platforms
>
> Det. 5
> 1 Farseer
> 10 Guardians(in Falcons)
> 2 Night Spinners
> 9 Support Platforms
>
> Det. 6
> 1 Farseer
> 6 Guardians
> 4 Scouts
> 6 Support Platforms
> 4 Dreadnaughts
>
> Com. 1
> 2 Dreadnaughts
> 1 Wraithguard w/Warlock
> 1 Wraithguard
>
> Com. 2
> Farseer
> 2 Dreadnaughts
> 1 Wraithguard w/Warlock
> 1 Wraithguard
>
> Fleet
> 3 Nightwings
>
> W.E.
> 1 Phantom Titan
> 1 Warlock Titan

Looks good; I particularily like that you are fielding reasonable numbers of gaurdians; they are good troops, they just take a bit of getting used to, because they work differently
from most units. For the number of points you have, you might be a bit low on flyers, but it depends on the scenario. I highly recommend some transport for the Aspect Warriors; you
might consider picking up some Wave Serpents to use, as they are excellent transports and offer valuable assistance with their disrupt weapons.

> Some of the changes I am considering are
> 1.) Mounting the Aspect Warrior dets. In the falcons rather than the Guardians. My guess is that they are going to be useless right now with a movement of only 15 cm.
> 2.) Removing the Dreadnaughts from det. 6 and adding 2 more Support Platforms. I haven't played much 40k yet (mostly SM/TL) so I haven't figured out if I want the 8 FP or 2 AT.

Eldar usually have more than enough AT shots; I would go with the Dreads - they look cooler, and are very well rounded.

> Also, how many people on the list live in the Toronto area. I would like to play someone other than my friends Imperial army some day.

I live in Toronto, in the Yonge/Lawrence area. Mail me at eug_at_...

Eugene