Re: [Epic] Net Epic - Movement and Initiative

From: Spatula <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 10:17:46 -0500

> From: acc_at_... (Tony Christney)
>
> I also am in support of redefining the vehicle type restrictions on moving
> through terrain. Skimmer _bikes_ should be able to enter woods, however, I
> am a little leery of allowing all skimmers to enter woods. I just have a
> tough time seeing a Tempest skimming away through the trees! OTOH, there are
> plenty of woods around where I live that would be impossible to drive anything
> other that a mountain bike through (which I do at every opportunity!). It
> really depends on how dense the trees are. Basically, I would allow for
> eldar bikes, landspeeders, disc riders and gargoyles(?) to enter woods, but
> not the remainder of the skimmer units.

        AFAIK the proposal isn't to "allow all skimmers to move
through woods", but rather to "allow all skimmers to land in
difficult terrain." Which would keep Tempests out of the woods
along with anything classed as a vehicle - land speeders, disc
riders, vypers, etc. Gargoyles, as infantry, can already enter
forests with no problem.

> Additionally, tracked vehicles should be able to move backwards at half rate.

        Agreed. I'm surprised there's no mention of moving backwards
in the current rules (except for mega gargants).

> Well, there are my thoughts on the movement thing, so comments would be
> welcome. The initial response to my idea was non-existent, so I am suprised
> someone mentioned it.

        If no one comments, they obviously agree whole-heartedly!

Scott
shupes_at_...