Re: [Epic] Net epic

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 09:33:55 -0600

At 19:58 02/04/1997 -0700, you wrote:

>On Tue, 4 Feb 1997, Chris Swearingen wrote:
>
>> one other major change that is lacking in2nd ed... flavor text!
>> just let a new guy read the old epic rule book flavor portions
>> and you have an avid gamer for life!

Perhaps it's my English major self, but I have to take issue with GW's
flavor text. Most of it is obviously targeted at male, adolescent,
masturbatory power fantasies. It may sell games, but it sounds really hokey
to me. It occasionally expresses a particular attitude very well (i.e. Who
do we serve? The Warmaster. Who was denied to us? The Warmaster...), but
that's about it.

Temp