[Epic] On line map notes and asides. Semi off topic.

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 1997 17:10:07 -0500

J. Michael Looney wrote:

> Thomas Lee Denney wrote:
>
> > Map page seems to take a year to download. Was this just me or has anyone
> > else had this experience?
>
> It's doggy slow.

  Talking to my self here, BTW.

The reason why that map is so damn slow to display is that the JPEG in question
is freqing huge. It's actual size is 3313 by 3350 pixels, cut down to 357 x 357
by the html codes. That is NOT a good idea there guys. Can we do some thing
about that please? Your using Front Page 3.0, which should have some image
tools to make that the right size to start with. The fact that you have is as
an imbedded element in a frame will tend to make most, if not all, browser
caching schemes go amuck, doesn't help much here either.