Re: [Epic] Imperator Titan

From: Christian Nielsen <raveallnight_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 00:19:53 -0700 (PDT)

---Aaron P Teske wrote:

> Excerpts from Epic: 5-Oct-97 Re: [Epic] Imperator Titan by Colen
> McAlister_at_whitten.
> > >his other 900pts was a Doom
> > >Anvil Squadron!!! (Nothing cheesy there...)
> >
> > What're Doom Anvils again? My mind has gone blank...
>
> Probably a good thing. They're essentially a Titan BG for Squats,
but
> instead of getting 5 VP for each engine destroyed you get 9 VP once
two
> of them are dead. Plus, it's (very) slightly better than 3 for the
> price of 2.
>
> I think it's easier to just say "pick three Colossus Chassis SHVs for
> 1000 points, and get a free Berserker squad for each Leviathan you
> choose." Nice & simple, no hooey about linking the Cyclops to the
> Colossus for fire control data, when the only thing to control is the
> wimpy 4 BP missiles....
>
> Aaron Teske
> Mithramuse+_at_...

Our group simply agreed on 1000 points for any of the three Squat
super heavies (Cyclops, Leviathan or Colossus). That way you don't
get anything better than titan BG's, so it's not super cheesy, and
like Gargant Big Mobs, players have the option of choosing flavour and
character over brute strength (ie, one of each instead of just 3
Colossi, which is cheaper but more pallatible).

Christian

===
"90cm is short ranged?!? ...you must be an IG player."

                        Scott Shupe, 25/7/97

Visit my Epic homepage at
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/4109