Re: [Epic] Imperator/cheeze/rant

From: Christian Nielsen <raveallnight_at_...>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 1997 22:28:39 -0700 (PDT)

---Aaron P Teske wrote:

> Excerpts from Epic: 5-Oct-97 RE: [Epic] Imperator Titan by Brett
> Hollindale_at_powerup
> > Our oponents fielded Squats and IG, with almost all of the damage
coming
> > from three Overlord Airship Companies and a Reaver Battlegroup.

> <wheeze....>
>
> *Three* Overlord companies?!? In just 3000 points? Oy, man, did you
> agree to pick cheezy forces or something? I don't think I've ever
> fielded the company in less than 4000 points, much less ever fielded
> *more* than one....

<snip>

Cheeze? You wanna hear cheeze? My friend and I, in a 3500 point E40K
game, took 3 Warlords, 2 Reavers, and 2 detachments each of roughly 7
siege arty and 3 Deathstrikes... We lost (againt 'nids). Just goes
to show that cheeze don't always win. In fact, from this experience I
have come to the conclusion that one should take no more than one
Warlord armed with 2 CC weapons against 'nids, along with plenty of
cheap infantry, just like you (or I ) would in SM/TL.

Christian

PS: I felt that I should be able to waste a bit of bandwidth every
now and then.... (oh, and that statement had nothing to do with the
message I just replied to). I'm just a bit annoyed with people who
make one line comments at the bottom of messages that are irrellivent
(spelling?) to the majority of readers (not naming anyone in
particular... huhum, Sauron1.... woops...), and ending up with 50+
messages a day in my mailbox when only about half of them are worth
reading. Perhaps we should have headers like: [Epic] and [Epic-1liner]

Heh; thought it was time for a random rant.

===
"90cm is short ranged?!? ...you must be an IG player."

                        Scott Shupe, 25/7/97

Visit my Epic homepage at
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/4109