Re: [Epic] Imperator/cheeze/rant

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 10:17:16 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 5-Oct-97 Re: [Epic] Imperator/cheeze.. by Christian
Nielsen_at_rocket
> Cheeze? You wanna hear cheeze? My friend and I, in a 3500 point E40K
> game, took 3 Warlords, 2 Reavers, and 2 detachments each of roughly 7
> siege arty and 3 Deathstrikes... We lost (againt 'nids). Just goes
> to show that cheeze don't always win.

Actually, I wouldn't really call that cheese, at least not until I hear
your weapons loadout on the Titans. In Epic 2nd, unscrupulous players
would drop three one-shots and a Plasma Destructor on their Warlord
Titans (the text for the Vortex missile didn't state it was carapace
mount only), and *that* was cheesy. Your force isn't entirely
*balanced*, but since I'm working on a Titan Legion (*only* Titans) I
can't complain that much.

>In fact, from this experience I
> have come to the conclusion that one should take no more than one
> Warlord armed with 2 CC weapons against 'nids, along with plenty of
> cheap infantry, just like you (or I ) would in SM/TL.

Well, if the battle is large enough you might want another Warlord, but
since the Dom is well-equipped with anti-tank (drop shields) and a Death
Ray (finish titan) I wouldn't recommend a force of 'em. (Not that it'll
stop me from trying one day, I'm sure....)

Later,

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...