Re: [Epic] Epic 30,000 Space Marine Army List Part I (LONG)

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 15:01:13 -0400

Erik K. Rutins wrote:

> Hey, JM it's only been a day since you posted this stuff and some of us
> are busy watching football on Sundays! <grin>

        Yay Giants!!!

        Also, some of us don't read email over the weekend.

> > 1 Commander Terminator Stand 50 pts.
>
> i.e. Terminator stand + Command or Terminator Stand + Hero, Command. If
> the latter, do you get two saves? (I assume yes, since one is the
> 'heroic' save, the other for the armor).

        I would think the Hero save includes the armor (or
rather, is there regardless of what kind of armor is worn) -
I think he was merely specifying that the commander must wear
termie armor.

> > from the Space Marine Platoon Lists. Note that the "Razorback" option
> > is not available for Horus Heresy era games.
>
> Only the Razorback is new since 30,000? Talk about stagnation...

        Also the Maruader, but that's no longer available
to Space Marines.

> > Robot Platoons (up to 9 per Regiment)
> > 5 Robots [Not in E40K See E41K list]
>
> Interesting - why did the Space Marines stop using 'em?

        Because GW took them out of E40k (or, perhaps more
accurately, GW took them out of WH40k). They were still a
part of Marine (and IG) armies in SM/TL.

> > Drop Pod Platoon (up to 6 per regiment) 120 pts.
> > Each Drop Pod Platoon has enough drop pods to support 2 infantry
> > platoons
>
> Interesting choice to make the player pay for drop pods. Will they have
> abilities/stats or just as the standard E40k drop pods?

        Didn't someone post some rules for the old support
and deathiwind pods?

Scott
shupes_at_...