Re: [Epic] cheese

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 14:29:59 -0600

At 11:59 AM 2/5/97 -0500, you wrote:

>This isn't anything really new of course, it is the advice that I usually
>give to an Eldar player. You guys are VERY fast but also rather fragile.
>So you tend to be strongest on the first turn and much weaker after that.

I think turn 2 is really the Eldar player's make or break point. Often the
first turn is spent positioning everything, which means transporting hth
troops to secure objectives, maneuvering bikes to strike distance, etc. the
second turn this leaves all my pop-ups ready to first fire, and all my
specialty hth troops within striking distance. A loss of initiative on turn
2 hurts a lot, so I frequently hold position or fall back slightly if this
happens, and hope for a good roll on turn 3.

But back to the fighting chaos problem . . . How about letting his thawks
go? Take your lumps on turn 1, but set up to counter strike. Pick three
objectives you think you can hold with no problem and commit just enough
troops to hold them. Pick two more you think you can take and position your
troops to take them. Of course you will have to keep your troops more
concentrated to defend against the thawks, but if you bait him into
deploying all of them turn 1, then he has nowhere to go from there.
Besides, all his chaos marines will be near/in your lies while his plodding
hth troops aren't across the board. Take lots of CC guys and hammer his
marines into oblivion.

Just a thought,
Temp