Re: [Epic] Couple Questions

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 17:25:25 -0400

Mike Bowen wrote:

> > Wierdboy Battle Tower (but I'm actually glad in this case)
> The E40K ruleset is nice(even with the missing units)but suffer
> from a terrible layout, with stuff scattered between 3 books
> why not one book? why the small size?
> does play somewhat faster than SM did with new players.

I agree about the rules, they are bothersome, but, the smaller books are usefull in
that they fit in places that the larger books wouldn't. Know, if GW had taken its time
with the bindings, it would be perfect. But all too soon there will be hundreds of
players with big black binders holding little bible sized pieces of paper.

> The biggest thing that I thought was fixed, was "Rules Creep"
>
> sadly, E40k now suffers from this(the new Marine stuff from WD)
>
> with SM/TL, each race would wait for its annual cheeze fest in WD
> for new units, new rules that just didn't mesh with the original
> rules.
>
> yuck.
>
> Now its starting with E40K
>
> yuck.
>
> mike

I agree there too. Fortunately GW has so far been mentioning that, yes, these are not
official rules additions, but optional rules.

Tyler