[Epic] Net Epic

From: Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 21:26:43 +0000

Hi guys!

As is my custom nowadays I was reviewing todays opinions on movement and
initiative. What is interesting is that two systems seem to have the
publics approval. One is the one I posted based on unit type(Titans move
first etc.)and the other was Tony's idea(units move according to orders
ie. charge first etc.).

What is funny is that both the ideas are actually represent a
corresponding half of the original Adeptus Titanicus alternating
movement rules.They were as follows:(with the exception of phase 3 that
was Tony's idea)

Phase 1; Charge orders
                Titans and super heavies
                Knight and knight class
                All vehicles and troop stands
Phase 2; Advance orders
                Titans and super haevies
                Knight class units
                All vehicles and troop stands
Phase 3; command units (regardless of what type of figure they are)

Movement was done alternating units according to the winner of
initiative(whether he moving first or second.

My reasons for not posting this from the beginning was probably not
scaring players without the benefit of 1sr edition play . Using the old
rules in thier complete form obviously eliminates all the disadvantages
of using either system alone.

IF TONY AND ALL OTHERS DONT HAVE ANY OPPOSITIONS THIS I THINK IS THE
BEST SOLUTION WITH PERHAPS SOME FINE TUNING-OPINIONS PLEASE.

There are also some other nice ideas floating around like:
1-Command units move in any phase and if they excersice their snap fire
privelage they may not move(just like any other unit snap firing.This
would be an extension of phase three).
2-Artillery units may not snap fire(slow reaction time etc.).
3-Reveal orders as they are activated by phase.

Well it seems were getting there, keep them coming!

United we stand!
Peter