Re: [Epic] Epic 30k ?

From: Oki Purwanto <oki_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 07:42:45 +0800

At 04:48 PM 10/14/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Oki Purwanto wrote:
>>

>That would be my site.

 :) Ooops.....

>I have not been able to find ANY fluff about the Heresy that implies any
>thing other than what WD 126 says about the Space Puppies.

Michael, I do not mean to come across as pointing out that your sources are
wrong. As you have put up on your webpage, these info came from WD 126 right
? What I am trying to say is that these are merely my opinions, which I am
aware is not in line with 40K universe according to WD (esp. the older ones).

>1) The only thing about the Blood Angels that is "not Codex" is the
>Death Company. The Death company, at least in the "Fluff" is caused by
>the "memory" in then gene seed of the death of the "Great Winged One".
>He is not dead yet, therefore no death company.

But, BA does have a veteran assault squad, which is not what the Codex
recommend :) And they do not follow the colourings as well as the markings
as laid out in the old boring Codex.

>2) The Dark Angels 1st battalion of each regiment is rather odd, and
>does fit what they did later. The design of it does dove tail nicly
>into the Death Wing & Raven Wing that we all know and love.

You're right. A bit off-track here, anybody knows why the Ravenwing gets to
keep the black colourings ?

>> Similarly for the Chaos forces. Even before the Heresy, the World Eaters
>> have a reputation for extreme brutality. So some of the e40k might be
>> already present in the e31k.
>>

>Extreme brutality is a tactic, which means little in TO&E terms or
>rules.

What about rampage ? I think even then, the WEaters practiced pyscho-surgery
(it was frowned upon, but permitted due to its effectiveness as shock
tactics) on their recruits. IIRC it wired the WEaters' pleasure centers with
psychotic behaviours. But this is just from post-STC memory.

Regards
Oki