[Epic] Epic 30k ?

From: Oki Purwanto <oki_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 17:21:15 +0800

I came across this on a website
"http://www.spellbooksoftware.com/e41K/horus.htm" The Horus Heresy in Epic 41K

I thought it was kinda surprising that the SW did not have Great Companies
as well as Long Fangs, Blood Claws, Grey Hunters during the Heresy. I
thought SW had these all along (with the exception of Great Companies) and
after Heresy, when UM's primarch reorganises the Legions into Chapters, SW
refused to go along with the structure, preferring instead to RETAIN their
existing structure albeit in smaller numbers/detachments.

Ditto also for the DA and BA. They just reduced their numbers as opposed to
adopting a new organisation chart. Their Primarchs had molded these Legions
along their personal style to warfare and their successor commandeers did
not want to alter their Primarchs' handiwork. And that the deviations are
pre-Horus Heresy, not during or after the reorganisation of the SM force
following Codex Astartes.

Similarly for the Chaos forces. Even before the Heresy, the World Eaters
have a reputation for extreme brutality. So some of the e40k might be
already present in the e31k.

But this is just my opinion and speculations - and I think there are listers
out there who know much more :) And I know this contradicts the WD 126.

Regards
Oki

ATTACHMENT
Chaos / Traitor:
     If you are doing Traitor Legions you are NOT using Chaos Space Marines.
You are using Space Marines. You have not lost this war and started
     The Long War yet. You are still more or less normal Space Marines. You
follow, at this time, the same Codex as the loyal Space Marines.

     Space Wolf, Blood Angels, Dark Angels & Ultra Marines
     Most of the special powers that your chapters had after this war do not
exist as yet. These 4 legions have a some what different army list than the
     rest, but in the whole they are still normal legions. In particular the
following notes apply to these 4 legions.

        1.Space Wolves: You don't have Great Companies yet. You still follow
the Codex, like all other marines. You have unlimited access
          to drop pod detachments, but limited access to ground transport.
Your Marines are not yet divided into Long Fangs, Grey Hunters
          & Blood Claws. You have the same types of marines as any other
Space Marine legion does.