Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Seth Ben-Ezra <Azathoth_at_...>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 02:29:19 -0500

On 5 Feb 97 at 21:26, Peter Ramos wrote:

> Hi guys!
>
> As is my custom nowadays I was reviewing todays opinions on movement and
> initiative. What is interesting is that two systems seem to have the
> publics approval. One is the one I posted based on unit type(Titans move
> first etc.)and the other was Tony's idea(units move according to orders
> ie. charge first etc.).
>
> What is funny is that both the ideas are actually represent a
> corresponding half of the original Adeptus Titanicus alternating
> movement rules.They were as follows:(with the exception of phase 3 that
> was Tony's idea)
>
> Phase 1; Charge orders
> Titans and super heavies
> Knight and knight class
> All vehicles and troop stands
> Phase 2; Advance orders
> Titans and super haevies
> Knight class units
> All vehicles and troop stands
> Phase 3; command units (regardless of what type of figure they are)
>
> Movement was done alternating units according to the winner of
> initiative(whether he moving first or second.
>
> My reasons for not posting this from the beginning was probably not
> scaring players without the benefit of 1sr edition play . Using the old
> rules in thier complete form obviously eliminates all the disadvantages
> of using either system alone.
>
> IF TONY AND ALL OTHERS DONT HAVE ANY OPPOSITIONS THIS I THINK IS THE
> BEST SOLUTION WITH PERHAPS SOME FINE TUNING-OPINIONS PLEASE.
>
> There are also some other nice ideas floating around like:
> 1-Command units move in any phase and if they excersice their snap fire
> privelage they may not move(just like any other unit snap firing.This
> would be an extension of phase three).
> 2-Artillery units may not snap fire(slow reaction time etc.).
> 3-Reveal orders as they are activated by phase.
>

> Well it seems were getting there, keep them coming!
>
> United we stand!
> Peter

I like it! I think that you're right; using this system would solve a
lot of problems. One thing that would need to be added would be a slot
for non-command units that can fire on FF (Silver Towers, Imperator,
etc.) Maybe during phase 3....

Also, concerning the three ideas that you listed, I like all of them.
(Of course I'm biased with number 3 :) ) One comment regarding idea
1. If we do adopt the movement system proposed above, I think that the
decision to move a command unit in an earlier phase should be announced
at the beginning of that phase. For example, Ragnar Blackmane is
cowering behind the rubble of the building that, until recently, had
been sheltering him. He decides to move during the charge phase. That
decision should be announced at the beginning of the charge phase, not
at some point during it. This would work well with option 3. Just
reveal all orders for units moving during the phase and mark (or
announce) any moving command units at the same time.

Also, did we come up with a final snap-fire system? I know that
discussion was continuing on it, but has anything been resolved, or at
least been seriously considered?

Seth Ben-Ezra
Great Wolf