Re: [Epic] Eldar Taktix

From: Colen McAlister <colen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 12:05:38 +0100

Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...> came forth and spoke thusly about
[Epic] Eldar Taktix:

>>>As my regular opponent play the Eldars I can give some ideas :
>>> - Eldar Flyers are the best air units
>>Do you mean from all the armies? If so, I must disagree,
>>Thunderhawks
>>are easily the best. FP 8, Armour 6, Assault 1/4...
>
>Well I was speaking about flyers in general, for example I think that
>an Eldar Fleet will be more effective than a Space Marine Fleet (even
>if there are some IG flyers to support the Thunderhawks), Eldar
>flyers have a high level of interception and not so bad firepower.
Yeah, I agree with you on that, but if we're talking about all-round
goodness here, Thunderhawks are it. IMAO.

>>> - Phantoms and Engines of Vaul are WE killers, use them
>>>only if you have to fight against WEs as they can't do anything
>>>against infantry.
>>I was in Warhammer mode when I read this... "Wood Elves? What the
>>uryy?"
>
>I thought that a titan or a Cobra was a War Engine (Engin de Guerre
>in French)? I was wrong?
No, I was just thinking of another meaning of WE- Wood Elf...

>>> - A good Eldar strategy is to use the firefights to push the
>>>ennemy back (2 FP for the Gardians!)
>>As long as you get to assault first, and you don't get cut to pieces
>>in
>>the shooting phase...
>
>You're right but with the Eldar high speed units and some cover
>this is possible.
Fair enough, as long as you move last.

<emblem of Slaanesh>

'Mad Dog' McAlister And The Cats, 'Jo', 'Fat Smudge' and 'Stac'
--
    /\          Colen McAlister, AKA 'Mad Dog' McAlister,
   /--\           Keeper of the Unholy Keys, Lord of the
 /--  ---- \        and chosen of the Chaos Gods, AKA
 \--  ---- /       Brother Morgan who wields the Blade
    | |  |/   of Immortals, Member of the Twisted Brotherhood
   \---/
    \-/                 colen_at_...
     '           http://www.bryanmac.demon.co.uk/colen