Re: [Epic] Eldar Taktix

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 23:43:58 PDT

Colen McAlister a �crit :

>Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...> came forth and spoke thusly
>about
>[Epic] Eldar Taktix:
>
>>As my regular opponent play the Eldars I can give some ideas :
>> - Eldar Flyers are the best air units
>Do you mean from all the armies? If so, I must disagree,
>Thunderhawks
>are easily the best. FP 8, Armour 6, Assault 1/4...

Well I was speaking about flyers in general, for example I think that
an Eldar Fleet will be more effective than a Space Marine Fleet (even
if there are some IG flyers to support the Thunderhawks), Eldar
flyers have a high level of interception and not so bad firepower.

>> - Phantoms and Engines of Vaul are WE killers, use them
>>only if you have to fight against WEs as they can't do anything
>>against infantry.
>I was in Warhammer mode when I read this... "Wood Elves? What the
>uryy?"

I thought that a titan or a Cobra was a War Engine (Engin de Guerre
in French)? I was wrong?

>> - Aspect Warriors are very impressive in Close Assault
>You're not wrong, despite being French. ;-)

What?!!!!!!!! ;)

>> - A good Eldar strategy is to use the firefights to push the
>>ennemy back (2 FP for the Gardians!)
>As long as you get to assault first, and you don't get cut to pieces
>in
>the shooting phase...

You're right but with the Eldar high speed units and some cover
this is possible.

>> - The speed is one of the best Eldar advantages, you can
>>cross the battlefield in one turn if you want, use this to attack
>>your opponent where he doesn't wait for you.
>Yup. That's certainly true.

Of course it's true! :)

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

                  Lord's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Last Update : 10/14/97

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/