Re: [Epic] Another barrage and transport question

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 17:59:28 -0400

Carl Billen wrote:

> In Epic40K you have these ruined buildings, and you can have several levels
> on which to put stands. For example, you can put troops at the ground
> level, and other troops on the (remaining) floor of the first level (I only
> allow jump-pack capable troops to get to the first level). How is a
> barrage on such a ruin resolved. Do you only count the units under the
> barrage template as seen from above, or do you count ALL the units which
> are under the template? As there is a 3-story building, you can put 4 unit
> under each other, one on each level, put this will attract barrages... And
> does this same rule count if you would use complete buildings instead of
> ruins ?

I say all units under the template. This would account for parts of the ruins
(and dead bodies) falling and hurting the people below

> The rules forbid war engines to move backwards, but should heavy battle
> tanks and Eldar skimmers not be able to move backwards ? Would the Eldar
> skimmers not be more maneuverable (you have no friction with the ground, so
> turning should be a lot easier...) ?

Turning is not an account of friction, but of momentum or velocity. The larger
the mass, the more the momentum, the harder it is to turn. Friction is what
enables something to turn. Ever play asteroids? Notice how hard it is to turn,
because there is no friction to slow momentum enough so that its direction can
be changed. Or take hover craft, they slide like crazy. With most War Engines
you can turn a complete 180. Of course, most of the time you can't move. But
try to do a 180 in a car and see how fast you move in the new direction.

Tyler
Calculus, good for something? No way!